TCAction Supportive Housing Programs are for families and individuals experiencing homelessness through safe and affordable housing sites and program services. The program supports housing stability and building life skills to avoid future episodes of homelessness by providing twelve month leases in safe and affordable housing. Staff partner with residents to make connections in the community, provide support and encourage goal attainment.
Programming supports are based in individual needs and may include:
- Life skills and mainstream benefit enrollment
- TST BOCES high school equivalency prep classes
- Fiscal literacy and budgeting
- Connections to vocational skills training
- Securing and maintaining employment
- Parenting education
- Personal goal identification
- Responsible tenancy
- Enrollment in TCAction Head Start /Early Head Start program options
- Connections to community health providers, including alcohol and substance abuse treatment and mental health services
Our of our program sites are located in the City of Ithaca:
Chartwell House and Magnolia House: program focuses on recovery from substance use dependence and housing stability skills
Amici House and Corn Street Apartments: program focuses on providing young adults 18 to 25 years old with life skill and housing stability skills
Ithaca Arthaus: our newest location where we partner with The Vecino Group to serve 40 units with young adults with supportive services to maintain housing stability and build life skills.
We participate in the Continuum of Care Coordinated Entry System to fill all program vacancies. For more information please visit this website Coordinated Assessment – Human Services Coalition (hsctc.org).
For more information: click on “Contact Us” or call 607-273-8816